Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Just Living Life

It's a good thing I don't get paid to blog, because I would be so fired.
Sorry, peeps.  I see I lost 5 followers, oh well.  I'm finding it difficult to find anything to talk about.  I have to be very careful about what I post due to HIPAA.  And my outfits are boring, because I wear scrubs. I do still attend church, but I go by myself every week and no one is ever up to take my picture.  My husband...I think all he does is work, and me too.  In fact, I walked away from Jamberry on 12/31, and now have a second coding job working from home in the evenings.  Pay is ok, it's just extra to help us do some catching up.

We remodeled the kids bathroom, took in a homeless teen, my daughter started college, and I ran a 5K.  Well, I wobbled a 5K.  Running is still tedious to me.

Did this with my sister, who is grinning at me in this picture.  You can't even tell she did this with a 102 fever.  Of course, she was such a mess at the end I had to drive home in her car.  It's fine by me, she has a Fiat and I love driving her little car!  This is a Diva 5K, which we did in St. Augustine.  Tons of fun, but boy was I hurting after this. 

We were still smiling at Mile 1. 


We got tiaras, feather boas, tutus, and a real medal after surviving this.
And then we had Christmas.  It was low key this year.  Last year, I couldn't afford any gifts for my kids.  This year, I could...plus the extra young lady who is living with us.

Tiger, Missy, Bucket, and Miss D.  She's been living with us since October, and should be on her own by June.  She's living on my sofa.  I wish I had a more private space for her, but at the same time, I'm ready for her to get her own place.  She's ready too, the poor girl has no privacy living on the sofa.  Plus my living room is basically useless to me.  I try not to get stressed out over it, because if I was homeless, I would want someone to let me stay on their sofa, too.


Me and the hubs, Christmas Day.  He just had his 43rd birthday on Christmas Eve.  This is probably the warmest Christmas I have ever lived through.  It was 86 and I am wearing a summer dress and I'm barefoot.  I'm wearing a cardigan only because I was trying to avoid mosquitoes on my mom's porch.  Can you believe that.  MOSQUITOES!!!

Like almost everyone in America, my resolution this year is my health and my diet.  I am blessed in that I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any more either, and I got complacent about low carbing.  It's pretty tough for me because my office has sweets all the time and when I get bored, I wander into the kitchen and eat cookies.  It's ridiculous.  I know better!  Today I went to the meat market and got lots of great protein choices, went to the veggie stand and got great produce and I intend to make some lunches for me for the week.  This way of life and eating works for me, but I get lazy and don't go shopping and next thing I know, I'm in line at Chikfila or McDonalds.  Plus pizza...oh my word I love pizza so much but I make a low carb pizza which is so yummy it feels like I'm cheating.  I'm going to make one of those this week.  I love cheese, that's all I gotta say.

So for anyone who was hoping for a new outfit post, I'm sorry.  I literally just got rid of all my 1x and 2x clothing items because they're all too big, for the most part.  My closet consists of scrubs, tee shirts, work out pants, two pairs of Lane Bryant pants just in case I have a meeting at the corporate office, and maybe 5-10 dresses that still kinda fit.  It's boring, but I don't want to spend money on clothes right now.  I actually own three pairs of sneakers right now, can you believe that?  I also own T25, which is a crazy work out program that I believe tries to kill you.  I can't get through the 25 minutes yet, but I'm getting closer.

So, for anyone even still reading this, how are you?  Stop by and drop me a line!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Agh! I'm so glad you posted. I've been wondering about life in Florida. Congrats on your 5k, I could walk the heck out of a 5k, but no thanks to running one. Don't stop blogging, I'm always excited to see your new posts and outfits!