Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

My Baby Takes the Morning Train

Last week, my husband was home.  I needed an oil change and didn't want to spend an entire Saturday at the car dealership, so I begged him to do it for me on a work day.  He agreed, then took the train with me all the way to Orlando, just so we could spend time together.  Awwww...


A lot of days, my friend Nicola rides the train with me, and she took this picture of us.

Later on this same day, my husband took the kids swimming, and took the dogs too.  I am so nervous about taking the dogs swimming, because of the gators, but everyone kept a look out and the dogs were safe.

That's Tiger (with his Tiger tattoo, he's 18 now) bringing Tequila into the water for the first time.  And his friend Desiree holding onto Poe, who actually didn't like swimming, which surprised me.  It turns out Tequila loves to swim, though!

She's a little scared at first, but eventually catches on.

That is one happy chihuahua.



Well, I do have some interesting news to share, and it's not that I'm pregnant.  I went to a department meeting on Thursday, and was shocked to find out that my new company is merging with another company.  The entire billing department is being dissolved.  Yes...I lost my job.  Again.  This time though, not because I screwed up, it's simply business.  I have the option to reapply, but it won't be billing or coding, it would end up being receptionist work.  Unless I get good news on the pay and it won't be boring, I am again moving on to find a new job.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate the job hunting process.  At least I have 2 1/2 months to find something, and our boss told us they're going to be very liberal about allowing us to take time off for interviews since this situation is not our faults.  I started applying for jobs on Thursday night, and already got an email back for an interview on Friday, and it's a coding position with an actual insurance company, which is what I would prefer!  In the next five years, I would like to transition to working from home again, but as a new coder, I feel like I need guidance and supervision from a management team, which is why I'm not applying to telecommuting jobs.  No, scratch that.  I did apply for a few telecommuting jobs, but they were not coding, just insurance verification and benefits type stuff, which is what I did for the hospital for many years, so that would be fine.  But we will see.  I hope that my readers will pray for me as I again adjust to a new role, and (grrrrr) another three months with no health insurance once I quit my job and start the new one.

No comments: