Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Down With The Sickness

Bonus points for anyone who can name the band that uses the title of this post in one of their songs.

I did not mean to disappear for what...three weeks?  Started my new job, which I LOVE and is so awesome I can barely believe how blessed I am.  But on my second week, one of the doctors heard me coughing.  Oh, the cough.  I could.not.stop.coughing.  I was miserable but too scared to call in sick.  The doctor heard me, talked to my manager, and I got sent home and was told not to come back without a doctor's note.  Well, great...I don't have health insurance.

So I went to the Minute Clinic at my local CVS.  He refused to see me because my blood pressure was sky high.  I haven't had my BP meds in months.  So I ended up in the emergency room, diagnosed with hypertension and bronchitis, but I got my doctor's note...and of course a nice bill in the tune of about 3 grand.

After a week of antibiotics and cough medicine, guess what.  I'm still coughing.  But not as much, and with my doctor's note, I am back at my desk, learning my new job.  I definitely want to start taking pictures again, but I admit, I have been so unhappy with my hair that no matter what I wear, I don't feel pretty.  My husband took pictures of me today.

Turquoise tunic bought at WalMart, it's Faded Glory size 16.  The skirt is also WalMart, but purchased years ago, just hardly ever worn because I am a slob and kind of scared to wear a white skirt.  Pookah shell necklace from when my friend went to Hawaii, and no shoes at all. Ratchet hair (as my teens would say) courtesy of me and my genes.

My daughter just recolored my hair which at least helped with the horrible frizziness, but this growing out business sucks badly.

He told me to strike a pose...and of course I go for stupid instead of sexy.  Go me.

My car has been fixed, at least.  Didn't cost me anything since I was rear ended.

No explanation required.  I just love him.

No comments: