Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Acceptable Pajama Wear


Do you own something so incredibly cozy, so comfy, so darn right PAJAMA LIKE?  That's this skirt for me.  I bought this two weeks ago at my local Orange City, FL Target.  Yes, it's maternity.  No, I don't care!  The fabric is so soft, so flowy, and skims over any of my problem areas.  I feel smooth, modest, and happy in this.

Gray and white striped Liz Lange Maternity for Target maxi skirt.  I don't remember the exact price, but it was under $15 for sure.  Wearing a black Coldwater Creek wrap top which I scored on eBay, definitely under $10, a plain white tank from Walmart bought last year for $3, my Lane Bryant sandals and my missions necklace. 

Also attempted curling my bangs this morning, and it didn't go well.  Even though I was moisturized and sprayed heat protector, my hair got crispy during the process, and I wasn't really happy with it.  I've got to learn how to wield a curling iron.  It doesn't come naturally to me.

I still haven't come to a decision on what to do about ministry at church.  Part of me is screaming to run away from anything dealing with children's ministry.  But another part of me is logically stating that without a children's ministry, I never could have attended church, and that it's a vital and much needed ministry. Although that doesn't mean I have to be a part of it...you know?  I just worry about our special needs ministry falling apart when these people leave.  But I'm not a teacher, I'm not an educator, I don't even work at a school.  I'm just the mom of a special needs kid.  Does that really qualify me to run an entire ministry?  It's terrifying!

I have two concerns that keep popping up while I mull my options:

1)  My cup isn't empty, but it's nowhere close to full.  It's hard to serve when you're falling apart.
2) I feel hypocritical, working with people's children, when my own three are not walking with the Lord.  My bestie said that even God's children have strayed, and it doesn't make me a bad mother or bad teacher.  But I wonder about my effectiveness.

I guess I'll just ponder my decision while leaning against my garage door in 100 degree weather.  I'm sure the best decisions are made here, correct?

Man.  I really love my pixie hair.  
How is everyone out there?  It's been very quiet in the comment field lately!  Praying you are all doing well!

No comments: