Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Feeling Blah, But Lookin' Good

While I physically feel fine, I was feeling pretty blah this morning.  Here is a snippet of my life, as I imagine it:

Ben the Dog:  Hey Poe.  I saw Mommy cleaning the house all day today.
Poe the Dog:  Me too!  She didn't sit in front of that glowing box all day.
Ben the Dog:  And her music was louder too.  I bet she had a great day!
Poe the Dog:  Yeah.  I love Mommy a lot.  What can we do to make her happy?  That cleaning thing she did seemed to make her happy.
Ben the Dog:  Well, she's keeping me in her room to keep me away from that delicious kitten.  I could wake her up...say, around 1:30 AM with some massive diarrhea.  After all, she loves cleaning.  I did hear her singing and humming today while she was mopping.
Poe the Dog:  Great idea.  You are SO SMART!

So yeah.  Hard to believe that 15-19 years ago, I was up with three babies at night.  How in the world did I do it?  I only got up ONCE last night and I feel like I was run over by my husband's Freightliner. I didn't even bother with my normal camera, but had Tiger snap a few pictures on my cell phone.  I was kind of surprised at how...awake, I guess, I looked.  Because I was ready to go back to bed!

The only new item in this outfit is my necklace.  I had to throw my flip flops away, as both of them had holes in the balls of the feet.  Bummer, I really loved them!

Still in love with the pixie, although I really need to branch out and try some new things.  Since I have straight hair, I have been keeping the front straight.  Need to practice using my curling iron and flat iron to make waves and stuff.

Miss Nutmeg and I having a cuddle outside.  Old Target dress, the tank top is actually a pajama top, and my recently deceased Aeropostole sandals.  

At church today, two people, who I work with EVERY SUNDAY, asked me if I got a hair cut.  What?!?!  I've been walking around with a pixie for two months, people!  I just laughed it off, but it sure took me by surprise.

Was trying to take a photo of my eye makeup!  Been trying to do more than just my black eyeliner and white shimmer on the brow bone.  Today was dark gray on the lids, light gray up near my brow bone, and silver eyeliner with black mascara.  I think it was a winner for sure!  I look at make up tutorials on pinterest a lot, and I keep seeing stuff about highlighting to tone down trouble areas.  My nose...I mean, ugh.  I have, literally since kindergarten, hated my huge nose.  But I don't see the point in shading it down.  It is what it is, right?


Last but not least, check out this awesome necklace I bought from my hairstylist!  Not only is she a hair genius, she has a heart for the Lord and was selling these to support missions trips to the Navajo people in Arizona.  I bought this for $15 about two weeks ago, and this is my first time wearing it.  It's definitely a different look for me, since it's not "colorful" but just white and gray.  I like it quite a bit, and went well with my outfit today.

So, this upcoming week is going to be a doozy for me.  Not only do I have work, but I have VBS all week and Tiger's final post op appointment with his surgeon.  This is it, no more surgery, no more doctor visits!  Praise the Lord!
Then, I am also pleased to report that my daughter broke up with her fiancee (can't remember if I ever mentioned on here that she was engaged, I wasn't super happy about it.  I won't get into too many details, but he was 13 years older than her, had a dead end job and was a felon.  Gee, thanks for your interest in my daughter.)  I prayed that she would realize he was not the right guy for her before they got married or she got pregnant, and phew!  It worked out just as I had prayed, although now she has a tattoo of his name on her body so she is researching tattoo cover ups online.  Duhhh, never get a name tattooed on you, unless it's your children, and even then, aren't stretch marks enough?  And I have two tattoos! (you should be able to see the edge of mine in the above picture, actually.)  She's also researching careers because she has finally realized that working at Burger King doesn't pay the bills.  Plus, Tiger is taking some online courses for school to catch up so he can graduate with his class next year, AND he has made a decision that he would like to get into law enforcement.  Nothing like watching your kids growing up and making smart decisions.  How was your week?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thank goodness missy saw the writing on the wall.