Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Big Reveal

I decided to purchase my own Mother's Day gift this year.  My husband never remembers this kind of thing (in fact, I had to get his mom a card and a gift because he completely forgot) and frankly, I am tired of feeling left out on this most special day.  Missy did buy me a gift with a card, but both boys "forgot" and I got sheepish smiles this morning and awkward hugs.  So this is what I bought myself:

That's right!  I am wearing a tee shirt with my kids names on it!  And that is The Big Reveal...you now know the names of my three children!  I got it from Personalization Mall, which is a great online store where you can buy gifts that are personalized.  I have bought tons of Christmas ornaments from there, and got an email about Mother's Day and decided to take the plunge for myself.  Unfortunately, they do not carry plus size, so this is a regular size XL and it's a bit tight.  I hope by next year, it's baggy.

I didn't really have anything good (that still fits!) to wear under the shirt, so this old black dress did the job.  Details:  black Walmart dress, $5 back in 2013.  Name shirt, Personalization Mall, $24.95, May 2014.  Trotters shoes, $90 back in 2006 or 2007 I think.  Necklace, gift from Mom, and earrings, gift from my bestie Ginger!  New bag!!! Kate Landry, purchased for $30 ($31?)  on eBay in celebration for my birthday this week!  

Ai yi yi.  Cut and color, cut and color!!!

This is my last post as a 38 year old.  My birthday is this week, and I will be 39!

Have an awesome Mother's Day, and I leave you my favorite verse:

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.'  Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."  Proverbs 31:28-31.
Kicking it old school.  The date on this is correct, June 26, 2000.  Missy is almost 5, Tiger is 3, Bucket is not quite 2.  And were were on vacation.  I  must have been insane.  

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

That is such a cute shirt and a great idea!! I am glad you bought yourself something. Sometimes that is what we have to do. It makes the day a much better day than feeling left out.
Have a great day! Lisa :O)

Cheriz Angel said...

Happy Mom's day! Cute necklace.