Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 11 of June Dresses: This Sure Isn't Jury Duty

I had today off because I was supposed to go to jury duty.  Imagine my delight when I found out I was excused and didn't have to go!  I decided to take the day off anyway (since I have soooo much pdo to use!) and the kiddos and I went to the beach.

This is an old beat up Walmart dress which I've had for at least 6 years.  I wore it to church one year for Easter; it used to be nice.  Now it's ripped and pilled and has lost most of its elastic.  It is, to me, the perfect beach cover up.  I am wearing my swimsuit underneath it, which is by Avenue.  Sorry, no pics of that!

Ocean breeze...ahhhhh!

I absolutely love the beach, and I love my children.  But my goodness I think I will just leave them home next time.  The amount of whining, complaining and overall negativity kind of ruined my day.  I'm not sure why it was so bad; they all slept, had eaten, and it's the first day of summer vacation for goodness sake!  Why the Grouchville Express?  By the time we came home, I was a card carrying member of the Grouchville Express, and I'm not happy about it.  I'm actually waiting for my turn in the shower.  I have sand in places where sand should not be.

We parked right next to a lifeguard, and good thing.  High rip currents.

He had Mountain Dew.  All is well in his world.

I even let them buy ice cream!

And Bucket tried his hardest to talk to people and make friends.  Proud of him.

Ice cream on a hot summer day is the best!

I can't believe my son wore socks with sandals.  It hurts my feelings.

I never, ever, get tired of this.  It is the best, absolute wonderful-est feeling in the world.

Missy feels the same way.


Have to go back to work tomorrow; le sigh.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I live in the wrong place. I really should have been at the beach with you today!

I love that color on you, and the dress looks comfy!

I am wearing a dress today. It's on my FB in my cruise pictures...later green maxi dress.

I wore a new dress on Saturday. Cute maxi I got at JCP. Doug and I went to the park and strolled through the rose garden; he took pictures; I put them on FB and thought of you since I was wearing a dress lol.

So do you have enough dresses to wear a different one every day?

Sarah R said...

I wish you had been there too! And I love that when you wear a dress, you think of me. I'm cracking up over that, really!
Yes, I DO have enough dresses to wear a different one every day for June. Is that crazy or what?!!?
Think about it; I haven't even worn a red one yet, and I have THREE of those. Maybe I'll bust one out tomorrow. You'll never know...

Kelly said...

I have a lot of dresses....several of them are too dressy for daytime though.

I don't think I could wear a different one every day for a month, unless I had cocktail parties to attend lol.

But I do have several skirts. Love those too!

Anonymous said...

LOL SOCKS! Jacob is the same way ,girl today we was going to wear jeans to go pay bills with me rofl
whats up with these kids
and OMG I didnt think you was old enough to have such a grown up man

Sarah R said...

Kelly, just wear the cocktail dress! You know you want to!
RJ, he may be man sized, but he is still my boy. He just turned 15. Most people think he is 18 to 20-ish. He's about 5 foot 10, 200 lbs, and has a full beard and a deep voice. Yet despite those mannish qualities, he still can't figure out how to hang up a towel or do chores without being reminded.

Jennifer M. said...

You know, I've never actually had jury duty. Is it weird that I want to? I have been called for it a couple times, but it always gets cancelled at the last minute.

Sarah R said...

This was my first time being called. While I was happy for a beach day, I would not have minded going in. I actually interned at the Public Defenders office when I was a senior in high school. I got called for federal court, so it was an hour's drive, plus parking for me. So I guess I'm sort of glad I didn't go.